Saturday, April 18, 2015

Lock & Key by Cat Porter



Lock & Key
Cat Porter

Synopsis:

I suppose some of us have to get really dirty before we can become truly clean.

I was allegedly South Dakota’s most famous old lady.
Sixteen years ago I survived my old man’s murder

Never again.
Never again will I surrender my heart.
Never again will I sacrifice to the Club.

But that all changed in one night.

I came home and crashed into him,
and my past and present blew up in my face.
Both of us lonely, running on empty, and unwilling to admit it.

Until now.
Now I feel things I’d forgotten about, want things I’d cut out of my insides.

Love not only stings when you lose it, when it’s ripped away from you.
When it first sinks its teeth in you, it can cut just as raw and sting just as deep.

I’d forgotten that.

Who holds the keys to betrayal? To suspicion? To trust?
To brotherhood? To family?
To redemption and a bleeding heart?
Right now, I just might.

Warning: This work of fiction contains graphic language, sex, and material some readers may find objectionable.

My Review:
I was lucky enough to win this book in an author giveaway. First let me tell you I'm in my older 20's and was kind of leery on reading a book about a widowed 40 something old lady ( mc lingo)...but boy let me tell you I am so glad I took the plunge!

This book all starts with Grace coming home after 16 years. You don't know why she left or what she was running from, whew I was emotional right along with her. After coming home to help her sister Ruby fight for her life.

She meets Miller along the way. The past she was running from shows up right in front of her. Only for her to push him away, and keep the past right where it belongs. But being a former or not so former Old Lady it always comes back to the past and the present.

The love you felt between Grace and her past, you can feel it. The all consuming love lost story, you literally felt like you were right there cheering her on in the side lines.

Her present with Miller is the one you only thought you could find in fairy tales, but actually happens. Who thought the future could eclipse so perfectly.

This book goes back and forth between Grace's past and the present. It was written in both Miller and her points, and written so eloquently. It's on my hot alpha sexy male list, as well as my re read list!

Thank you so much Cat Porter for writing such a great book! I can't wait to see what you have in store!
 

Where to Buy:


Stay in Contact with Cat on FB:



No comments:

Post a Comment